The Department for the Economy and the Federation of Small Businesses are encouraging local businesses to consider the benefits of offering work experience opportunities
There are a wide range of business benefits to taking on work experience placements and with the Connect to Success NI portal it is easy and free for employers to advertise their opportunities.
Why take on a work experience placement?
- Contribute towards building a string local economy
- Help develop the skills and confidence of our future workforce
- Give school pupils purposeful and imaginative work experience opportunities
- Promote your business as a good career choice
- Opportunity for current staff to develop their skills by mentoring a work experience placement
- Pupils can bring new and creative ideas into your business
How do I get a work experience placement started?
Connect to Success NI is a free online resource enabling employers to advertise their school work experience opportunities as well as apprenticeships. Employers can advertise for shorter one or two day experiences of work as well as the more traditional week long format. The Connect to Success portal gives employers access to the workforce of tomorrow and enables them to raise awareness of their company.
Source: NI Business Info