UK to exit Creative Europe funding programme from January 2021
Creative Europe Desk UK has shared information around future UK participation in Creative Europe MEDIA programme. According to the information, the UK will not be seeking to participate in the next round of the programme, due to start in January 2021.
Under the terms of the Withdrawal Agreement, the UK will continue to participate in the current Creative Europe programme until it ends in December 2020.
UK companies and organisations are able to apply for funding up until this point, with successful applications receiving funding as normal, even where their funded activity is set to take place after December 2020.
This also means that, until 31 December 2020, UK films will continue be eligible for support in Creative Europe MEDIA schemes.
There are eight funding deadlines currently open to UK applicants under the Creative Europe MEDIA sub-programme:
- Film Education – 12 March 2020
- Promotion of Audiovisual Works Online – 7 April 2020
- Film Festivals – 23 April 2020
- Development: Single Project – 12 May 2020
- TV Programming – 14 May 2020
- Selective Distribution – 16 June 2020
- Automatic Distribution (for distributors) – 8 September 2020
- Automatic Distribution (for sales agents) – 29 October 2020
Should you need guidance on applications for the calls that are currently open, Creative Europe Desk UK can provide advice and help.
For more information on the impact of Brexit on the screen industries, see Q&A page on the BFI website.