Funding is available for technologies in the quantum networking space
Innovate UK, part of UK Research and Innovation, will invest up to £10 million in innovation projects to accelerate quantum network technologies by removing technological barriers to their commercialisation and adoption.
Your proposal must:
- outline one or more technological barriers and their implications to businesses
- describe how this impedes widespread customer adoption
- deliver an innovative, competitive technical solution
- plan to demonstrate the technical solution and its commercial viability
- provide a roadmap for future commercial exploitation
Your proposal must be able to demonstrate how the project will enhance the scalability of quantum network technologies and build UK leadership in the emerging global market.
Your project must exploit the capabilities of second-generation quantum technologies which are defined as those involving the generation and coherent control of quantum states, resulting in phenomena such as superposition or entanglement. Technologies involving single photon generation and detection are in scope.
Your project’s total costs must be between £1.5 million and £3 million.
Innovate UK will fund feasibility projects and industrial research projects, as defined in the guidance on categories of research.
Find out more about this scalable quantum network technologies competition