Your business website is recognized through your domain name. If you want to establish a website for your new brand or business, it is mandatory to register a domain from a well-known registrar. That way you can get more customers, exposure, and people on board with your brand. The first step to create your website is to register a unique domain.
Key points to remember when registering a domain
In todays world, it is certainly a daunting task to keep a nice and upscale name for your domain. Below are some key points:
- The name of the domain has to be short, memorable and easy to pronounce.
- It has to be relevant to the name of your brand, business or organization.
- It must sound pleasant.
- Do your homework research smartly. You can make use of top domain name generators to make your task easier.
- Remember the domain’s name has to be meaningful.
- Slang terms must be completely ignored.
- The name of your domain defines your business brand or organization.
- The name of your domain must reflect the content.
- First make a list to generate the list of available domains.
- Be more creative when choosing a name.
- Must avoid other company’s trademarks and copyrights.
- The length of domain’s name must be considered. (must not be too long or too short).
- Remember that the name of your domain is going to affect social media hugely.
- The name must be profound.
- Register your domain with the most famous and also cheap registrar, like GoDaddy.com or Blue Host.
- Remember the longer the domain is, the more reasonable it gets.
- Don’t forget to renew your domain name because it lasts a year or two years longer.
- Don’t forget to pay on time for your domain name.
- Don’t forget to use the availability checker for the domain name you have decided to keep,It tells about the availability of names quickly and is the name taken already.
- The domain registrar should be trustworthy.
- Must choose a name that sounds professional.
- Make sure that the name is comprehensible and readable as it is going to be read all over in many mediums of journalism.
- Must know the ways to secure your domains name.
- Do add keywords in your domain name.
- Do register yourself as the owner of the name of your domain (to make sure that you own it).
- Do skim through all the terms of services and agreement, before paying the fee to a registrar.
- Choose one of the oldest and largest web hostings.
- Don’t rush for your domain’s name, as it needs to be properly researched domain name and googled.
- Make sure that it sounds like a big brand.
- The name of your domain should be intuitive.
How To Purchase A Domain Name
Without purchasing a domain name, it is almost impossible for your business or brand to stand out. The domain name is considered the centerpiece of business, brand or any organization’s website. It is important to log onto a registration site to purchase a domain then paying for your domain name to a certain registrar of the website and it is an immensely essential to select the best and renowned registrar. You can go with a different extension as .com is the most popular one.
ICANN which is known as Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers is a non-profit organization that oversees the domain names. Registrars from all over the world do require the name of the company and the details regarding your domain so whoever possesses the registrar’s username and its password is very much in control of the domain. You must choose a complex password because that is the wisest way to protect your domain name from getting hijacked.
Don’ts to Remember When Registering a Domain
- Must refrain from using dashes, abbreviations or numbers in your domain’s name.
- Don’t waste money on useless and common extensions other than.
- Avoid faking out anyone’s trademark.
- Prevent making a short domain name.
- Don’t use unethical words.
- Choosing a meaningless name for your domain is not appreciable.
- Hyphens must be ignored.
- Avoid plurals unless they are the part of your brand’s name.
- Never choose a difficult name(from a high-level vocabulary).
Source: Business Achievers