Online form for rental properties with a sole tenant and properties with a Total Net Annual Value (NAV) of £1,590 or below
Under rating legislation, the landlord is liable for rates on non-domestic rental properties with a Total NAV of £1,590 or below. For rental properties with a sole tenant and properties with a Total NAV of £1,590 or below, further information is required to ensure that that the grant is being paid to the small business who occupies the property, and not a landlord or letting agent.
An online form is now available to register for the £10,000 grant or to provide further information if:
- Your business is the sole tenant of a rental property where the landlord receives the rate bill
- Your business is the sole tenant of a rental property and the business receives the rate bill
- Your business owns the property that it occupies and the property has a Total NAV of £1,590 or below
The deadline to register for this grant scheme is Wednesday 20 May 2020.
If you have enquiries about the Small Business Grant Scheme call Tel: 0300 200 7809. The helpline is open Monday to Friday, 9 am – 5 pm.
About the £10,000 Business Support Grant
The NI Executive is providing a one-off grant to small businesses to help them to meet their ongoing business costs.
- Find out more about eligibility for the Coronavirus: £10,000 Small Business Support Grant
Payments of the grant are being made on the basis of the European Commission’s Temporary Framework for State aid. This can be accessed at COVID-19 Temporary Framework (PDF, 119K). These grants constitute State Aid. You will be asked to confirm that you agree to the State Aid Requirements when completing this form.
Businesses should be aware that:
- If any information provided with your registration form is later found to be false, repayment of funding may be required.
- Any payment must be declared to HMRC as appropriate as part of the tax return for the business.
- The grants constitute State Aid. You will be asked to confirm that you agree to the State Aid Requirements when completing the online form