An event to help local businesses learn more about accessing finance
The British Business Bank, InterTradeIreland and Invest Northern Ireland will host the third Access to Finance Conference on Thursday 23 June 2022.
This year’s conference aims to demystify external finance for smaller businesses, raising awareness of ‘alternative’ finance options and how they complement traditional bank finance to accelerate growth.
Hosted by Susan Hayes Culleton, this free, in-person event will specifically address the nuances of family-owned businesses in the context of external finance, with sub-themes of innovation and the transition to net zero running throughout.
Who should attend?
Local businesses in more traditional sectors operating in rural locations, as well as the business and finance advisors who work with them. The event will help attendees understand the positive role of external finance when it comes to successfully growing a business.
- Hear about the real impact of the 2021 Access to Finance Conference with previous delegate Roisin Maguire and investor Mary McKenna
- Gain awareness and understanding of the different options available so that you can get the right finance at the right time
- Learn from local established businesses Bawnbua Foods and RGM Vent about their first-hand experience of raising debt and equity finance
- Listen to expert panel discussions exploring the range of debt options and the nuances of equity finance for family-owned businesses
- Learn how to take action to use external finance to make your business growth plans a reality
- Date: 23 June 2022
- Time: 08:30 – 14:00
- Venue: The Junction, Dungannon
- Cost: Free
- 08:30 – 09:00 Registration
- 09:00 – 09:20 Welcome and scene setting
- 09:20 – 09:40 Impact of the Access to Finance Conference 2021
- 09:40 – 10:15 Case study: debt options to complement Bank finance
- 10:15 – 10:50 Panel: exploring alternative debt options
- 10:50 – 11:05 Morning break
- 11:05 – 11:45 Panel: Strengthening the Board of a family run business
- 11:45 – 12:20 Case study: equity finance for traditional businesses
- 12:20 – 12:30 Signposting to further resources and support
- 12:30 – 12:55 Your action plan for funding future growth
- 12:55 – 13:00 Closing comments
- 13:00 – 14:00 Networking lunch