Funding is available for early-stage entrepreneurs to help them get their business ideas off the ground
The Techstart Proof of Concept grant fund is a pre-commercial grant awarding fund. On a competitive basis, the fund supports entrepreneurs in Northern Ireland with grants to explore the viability and commercial potential of an innovative concept.
The grant funding comes in the form of a:
- concept grant of up to £10,000
- concept plus grant of up to £35,000
For both types of grant, eligible activities for support include but are not limited to:
- concept/prototype development
- market research
- market validation
- market testing activities
- assessment of the uniqueness of intellectual property
- employment costs where a clear output will be delivered
To apply for the grants, you must be a sole trader, partnership or limited company. You must also have an innovative/novel concept to prove.
The principal applicant must be resident in Northern Ireland. If the principal applicant is applying through a limited company, then the company must be registered in Northern Ireland with the principal applicant being the majority shareholder in the company.
How to apply
To apply for a grant, you will be required to complete the online application form.
The deadline for applications is different depending on the type of grant you are applying for:
- applications for the concept grants close on Tuesday 6 September 2022 at 5pm
- applications for the concept plus grants close on Tuesday 25 October 2022 at 5pm
All eligible applicants will be invited to a pitch session with Techstart.
For more information on the grants, including the eligibility criteria and the application process, read the Proof of Concept grants FAQs