This programme supports small businesses that have digital transformation potential and related ambitions across any sector
The Digital Surge Programme is a Northern Ireland wide programme, partly funded by the eleven local councils.
It supports small businesses that are deemed to have digital transformation potential and related ambitions across any sector.
- two half-day workshops on the fundamentals of digital transformation and innovation
- a diagnostic report outlining an innovation and digital transformation plan for your organisation produced by an innovation consultant
- masterclass workshops to showcase the advanced technologies such as Blockchain, the Internet of Things, Artificial Intelligence / Machine Learning, Data Analytics, Virtual Reality / Immersive Tech and Robotics
- six days of mentoring support from advanced technology experts
- a digital acceleration plan produced for your organisation
- routing to more intensive supports and funding
This fully funded programme is for eligible organisations from any sector including manufacturing, tradeable services, retail, tourism, hospitality, agriculture, construction and social enterprises.
To join the programme your organisation must:
- be an enterprise or social enterprise based in NI
- have less than 50 employees
- not be an Invest NI client (or have approval from your Invest NI client representative to participate in the programme)
- require specialist support to embark on a ‘digital transformation journey’
- not be able to access similar support from existing economic development stakeholders
- be able to confirm that the Digital Surge mentoring will not take them over the State Aid de minimis ceiling of €200,000 over the current and two previous fiscal years, or if applicable, the £315,000 Minimal Financial Assistance contribution. Find out more about De Minimis aid.
Find out more and apply for the Digital Surge Programme.
As part of this programme the following events are available for anyone to attend:
- The Fundamentals of Innovation for Digital Transformation – Tuesday 10 January 2023, midday to 2pm. Register.
- Augmented / Virtual / Mixed Reality – Wednesday 11 January 2023, 9:30am to 12:30pm. Register.
- Big Data – Wednesday 1 February 2023, 9:30am to 12:30pm. Register.
- Blockchain – Wednesday 8 February 2023, 9:30am to 12:30pm. Register.
- Cobotics / Robotics – Wednesday 15 February 2023, 9:30am to 12:30pm. Register.
- The Internet of Things – Wednesday 22 February 2023, 9:30am to 12:30pm. Register.
- Artificial Intelligence & Machine Learning – Wednesday 1 March 2023, 9:30am to 12:30pm. Register.
- Augmented & Virtual Reality – Wednesday 8 March 2023, 9:30am to 12:30pm. Register.