Grow your understanding of the fundamentals of getting your cargo to its destination successfully.
Export Fermanagh and Omagh series – Workshop 4 ‘Export Documentation & Logistics’.
Business owners/ managers based in Fermanagh and Omagh District Council are invited to take part in this exciting in person workshop series – Export Fermanagh and Omagh. This workshop is the fourth in a series that are designed to help businesses that are interested to move into new export markets outside Northern Ireland either as existing exporters or new to exporting.
About this event
This workshop is an introduction to trade and logistics – gain an understanding of the essentials required to facilitate the movement of goods from Northern Ireland. The presenter will provide you with an outline of the basic principles and an introduction to processes and routines to be followed including but not limited to:
- methods of payment and the risk ladder,
- export controls and licence requirements.
- It will include reviewing documentation like quotations, order acknowledgement, pro forma invoice, and pre-shipment inspections and packing.
- Shipping documents will be covered including Commodity Codes, Origin, Preference Documents and Certificates of Origin.
- the movement of cargo
- booking the shipment and freight forwarder responsibilities,
- transport documentation, and
- Proof of Export – evidential requirements.
Presenter: Sue Wright, Exporter Services
Sue is qualified to postgraduate level with the Institute of Export. She began her career as a junior Shipping Clerk for an Engineering and Manufacturing company, before becoming a Shipping Manager for an engineering company. Her work involved Special Import Procedures, Import Licences and Controls of various items. In 2010, Sue started Exporter Services and provides support to SME’s who require technical support and assistance in the how and why of International Trade movement of goods.
Businesses will also have the opportunity to book a one-to-one confidential meeting with Sue at allocated time following the workshop.
Register today for this event to get help with growing your business through export sales!
Fermanagh and Omagh District Council is facilitating this initiative In partnership with Invest Northern Ireland.
* Please note this event is open to business owners / managers across Fermanagh and Omagh District Council.
Book via Eventbrite >> https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/435691935307