Online event to provide employers with information on how the JobStart scheme can benefit their business.
The JobStart scheme provides employers with the opportunity to employ a young person (16 to 24 years old) for 6-9 months. The scheme will cover salary costs (25 hours per week) offering paid job opportunities for 6 or 9 months to eligible young people who are at risk of long-term unemployment.
JobStart information session
The Department for Communities (DfC) will be providing an overview of the JobStart scheme at an online information session.
Date: Tuesday 16 January 2024
Time: 2pm to 3pm
What will I find out?
At this session, you will:
- hear about the previous JobStart scheme, employer experiences, and outcomes achieved;
- find out about the new JobStart Scheme including:
- how to get involved
- when you need to register to access this scheme
- how the scheme works
- benefits for your business and those on the scheme
- supports available through the scheme to you as an employer
- find out about the Work Experience Programme and how it could help your business
- questions and answers