Northern Ireland businesses will be invited to apply for the UK’s most prestigious business award when applications open in May
The Queen’s Award for Enterprise has been renamed following the Accession of King Charles III. The Awards will become The King’s Award for Enterprise.
The King’s Awards for Enterprise recognise and encourage the outstanding achievements of UK businesses in the fields of:
- international trade
- sustainable development
- promoting opportunity through social mobility
Businesses of all sizes and from all sectors can apply. The awards are free to enter and you can apply for more than one award.
To be eligible, your organisation must:
- be based in the UK (including the Channel Islands and the Isle of Man)
- have a good compliance record with HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC) – for example, showing you pay the right amount of tax on time
- be a self-contained enterprise that markets its own products or services and is under its own management
- have at least two full-time UK employees or part-time equivalents
- demonstrate strong corporate social responsibility
Your organisation can be a business or non-profit. Each of the award categories has additional entry criteria.
The awards are valid for five years. Previous winners have reported benefiting from worldwide recognition, increased commercial value, excellent marketing opportunities and press coverage and a boost to staff morale.
Applications open for the Awards on Monday 6 May 2023.
Find out how to apply for The King’s Awards for Enterprise