Business Recovery & Revitalisation Grant Scheme
Fermanagh and Omagh District Council’s Covid-19 Business Recovery & Revitalisation Grant Scheme aims to support the economic recovery and revitalisation of local businesses in the district.
The grant scheme provides assistance to local businesses to address some of the operational challenges, assist businesses to adapt to and implement social distancing measures to protect staff and customers.
The capital grant scheme is a discretionary grant of up to 100% of eligible costs, for businesses to apply for the purchase of items including infrastructure, from outdoor seating, one way systems, coverings and awnings, signage and shopper collection points to modifying buildings internally and externally to support social distancing. There is also an opportunity for businesses to apply as part of a collaborative project, one business must take the lead on any application.
The funding has been awarded by the Department for Communities for urban town centres and by the Department of Agriculture, Environment and Rural Affairs for smaller rural settlement
Who can Apply
Businesses must be:
- Urban and rural town businesses located within the settlement areas as outlined
in the Fermanagh and Omagh district,
- An existing, registered private business that is actively trading commercially for at least the last 3 months,
- Able to provide HMC self-assessment number, company number or charity number,
- Able to provide a bank statement (or other financial institution account for the sole purpose of business, ie. Separate from personal financials) in the name of your business dated in the last 3 months must also be provided.
What can we fund
This is a capital grant scheme for property owners/tenants of eligible business/commercial properties to apply for the purchase of new capital items including infrastructure up to max project value of £9,999.00. You can secure funding up to £500 – £2,500; maximum project costs are capped at £9,999.99. Collaborative projects £7,500, maximum projects costs £15,000. Eligible improvements may include (this list is not exhaustive).
- Infrastructure to meet social distancing requirements.
- Awnings/canopies to protect customers who may have to queue to enter business premises.
- Outdoor furniture such as covered seating (tables, chairs)
- External heaters
- Digital screens and Signage
- Equipment to allow widening of footpaths to support social distancing and the safe movement of people through our town centres such as pedestrian safety barriers.
- Any adaptions necessary to the internal layout of the business premises to ensure compliance with Covid-19 social distancing protocols (e.g., flexi-panels/screens at counters, one way systems, building / remodelling works, etc.).
- Equipment to allow the business to operate safely and provide reassurance to customers, e.g. freestanding hand sanitiser stations, etc. Internal/external shopper collection points to avoid customers having to fully enter the business premises.
There is one rolling application process until all funds are allocated on first come, first served basis.
For more information email: email@example.com or telephone 0300 303 1777
Source: Fermanagh and Omagh District Council